The 2 Days Humantay Lake and Salkantay Trek is a great way to explore the highlights of the Andes Mountains in a short amount of time. The Humantay Lake is one of the many hidden gems of Peru’s highland region and well known for its insanely bright blue and green water and its snow-capped mountain backdrop.
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa – Humantay Lake – Soyroccocha
Your Andean mountain adventure begins at 5am, when we pick you up at your hotel and drive in our private van for 3.5 hours to Soraypampa. Along the way, you pass through two picturesque indigenous villages called Iscuchaca and Limatambo. In addition, you will have spectacular views of stunning valleys and the snow-capped famous Salkantay Mountain. At the trailhead Soraypampa, we enjoy some snacks while admiring the exhilarating views of the glaciers of Humantay (5,900m/19,356ft) and Salkantay (6,217m/20,396ft). Putting on our hiking shoes, we take a 1-hour hike up to Humantay Lake enjoying the amazing views around us. Upon arrival at Humantay, we take time to explore the lake and enjoy its beauty. After time at Humantay Lake, we head back to the trailhead at Soraypampa and then hike 2 more hour to our campsite located at Soyroccocha. Your tents will already be set up and ready for you. There we enjoy hot drinks and appetizers before dinner. We get to sleep early, ready for the next day’s hike.
L , D Meals9 KM / 4 MILES Walking Time10kms/6 miles Walking DistanceCHALLENGE Level of Difficulty3900 MASL / 13245 FEETS Starting Altitude4250 MASL / 13253 FEETS Highest Altitude
- Meals included: Lunch, afternoon tea, dinner
- Accommodation: Camping facilities
- Distance: 10kms/6 miles
- Time: 6hrs approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate
Day 2: Soyroccocha – Salkantay Pass – Glacial lake – Cusco
After a hearty, gourmet breakfast, get ready to take a moderate climb on your second day of trekking. Within an hour, you will reach the highest point of the trek (4,650m/15,367ft). From here, we relax and admire nature at its most impressive form, awed by the massive Salkantay (6,217m/20,717ft), Humantay, and Huayanay snow-capped mountains. You will also enjoy the glacial rivers, white with minerals and the small picturesque lakes. Off the main trekking route, we take a side route for half an hour to enjoy the panoramic and truly exquisite turquoise Salkantay Lake. Hiking back down on the same route, we arrive at the trailhead, where we have our lunch. Take a few more pictures of the beautiful mountains before we take our van back to Cusco, arriving at your hotel about 6pm in the evening.
B , L Meals4 HOURS Walking Time10 KM / 6 MILES Walking DistanceMODERATE Level of Difficulty4200 MASL / 14532 FEETS Starting Altitude4620 MASL / 14532 FEETS Highest Altitude
- Meals included: Breakfast, lunch
- Distance: 12kms/9 miles
- Time: 7hrs approximately
- Difficulty: Challenge
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick-up at your hotel the morning of your trek
- Private transport from Cusco to Soraypampa trailhead and back to Cusco.
- English speaking, experienced professional guide
- Comfortable tents with two people in a four-person tent
- Foam mattresses and pillows
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen and toilet tent
- Separate tent for our staff to sleep in
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Pack horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen
- 7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping pad and sleeping bag will be carried by our packhorses (count 3kg for sleeping bag and sleeping pad, leaving 4kg for personal items)
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
- Plastic poncho and daypack rain cover
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperature of -5°C $20
- Air Mattresses $20
- Trekking Poles $15
- Additional horses for extra personal luggage above that of the personal 7kg allowance
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters of SAM TRAVEL PERU
Prices Cost of land
Group rate: US$195.00 per person
We organize departures with a minimum of two passengers, we can depart with 1 passenger, but you must call us to organize your trip.
For payments PayPal charges a commission of 5%, charged to the passengers. This amount only applies for the advance of the tour cost, (which is a reduced percentage), when you complete the cost of the tour in the city of Cusco, we do not charge additional commission, although some cards charge a commission for international payments is better to pay in cash.
Our website payments are automated, but always send us an email to validate the payments (always use email for this type of communication as it allows us to have a control of the payment history), send us the transfer number to [email protected]; only after that, we can confirm your deposit and reservation.
Extensions and offers
There are several extensions that you can include in your Peru adventure.
- Rainbow Mountain: US$ 100.00 US$ 80.00
- Sacred Valley: US$ 60.00 US$ 50.00
- Visit to the city: US$ 30.00 US$ 20.00
There are additional elements that can be included in this trip.
Walking sticks (pair): US$ 10.00
For this Salkantay Trek 2 Days tour, if you have confirmed and fixed a total cost of the tour, this price does not vary or change until the day the tour starts, we do not increase the price; we also recommend our passengers to read carefully our reservation policies.